- What can be burned: ONLY unpainted or untreated wood products, leaves and brush may be burned. No Plywood, Pressure Treated, or Composite Lumber.
- All Fires must be attended at all times, and all fires must be completely extinguished before leaving them unattended.
- Campfires are small fires used for cooking and/or warmth.
- Campfires need to be confined by a Fire Pit, Ring, or other non-combustible containment method.
All other Fires
- Burning is only permitted during daylight hours.
To obtain a burn permit in
South Hero, Vermont
South Hero Town Clerk